Friday, October 14, 2011

Maybe I should write something again?

We've been in Rexburg a month now, though it seems much less time to me, maybe a week. Probably because I've been suddenly spending most my time at home with the boys and time is flying by.

From 2011


Kyler is getting really good and playing on his own with toys and such. He crawls now instead of his butterfly-stroke-scoot-across-the-floor-method. He also is learning to sit and play in baths instead of scream as soon as he starts getting washed off. I think it helps a lot having an older brother to show him how fun baths are. Actually I had a pretty funny story about this:

A few weeks ago we put Brandon in a bath and Kyler was very interested, so I let him stand on the side and watch. He played and laughed with Brandon for about an hour, until the downstairs neighbors said they had water dripping from their ceiling. In the time since I last checked on them the floor was covered with water. Brandon got banned from baths and had to shower for two weeks. Yesterday I let him take a bath again. Kyler was watching from the side and when I came back to check on them the floor was all wet again! Brandon was just sitting there with an angry scowel. I said "Uh Oh, Brandon did you get the floor wet again?" and he just went on scowling. I then realized that Kyler was playing with a cup that he had apparently fished out of the tub (he could barely reach the water). I then realized that two weeks ago it was probably Kyler who had flooded the bathroom, and Brandon knew he got in trouble for Kyler's mess. That was why this time he was just sitting there looking angry because he was expecting to get in trouble for Kyler's mess again.

From 2011


Brandon has still been growing like crazy and is in the 95% percentile for height. He is wearing mostly 3T cloths even though he's only two and a half. He is also starting to use short sentences instead of his "blathalathal juice" or "mahlathlalath apple." He loves to eat veggies and he likes to ask the name of things a lot, especially letters. Before we left the ranch he would ask my dad the name of the letters on equipment all the time, like learning how to spell Kawasaki. He's also figured out how to run the Wii remote and every so often asks to play a Wii game, where he'll just push buttons and point at things on the screen to figure out what he can make happen.

Our family is doing well overall! Shara is working hard at finishing up her last year of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment